Quilting, stitching, crocheting

Welcome

Monday, September 27, 2010

Pinwheel Party

My DGD finally got her cuddle-quilt and she loves it !  Perfect timing because she just got her new bed this weekend.  It doesn't fit on her bed, but she didn't care ...


I had to make it bigger than the original pattern so she could wrap up in it.  I added 11 or 12 blocks ... some were repeats with the colors rearranged and 2 of them I just 'made up' on my own.

I think you can see the quilting pretty good here.  I just love the long arm quilter I found .... she is soo nice and did a superb job!



The back is a pretty flower sculptured Minkee pattern.  Just right for curling up with to read a book or watch TV ..... altho it was over 100 here today!! That is uncommonly hot for this area.


DGD has laid claim to the most recent D9P I did last month.  It is all cherry print fabrics and she asked if she could have it for her bed.  I was just playing with the fabric & 2 layer cakes when I made it just for fun.  I already have a taker!

No progress on the Puzzle Quilt .... been working too much again.  It is on the sewing table for my day off tomorrow.  Gonna be a fun day!!!

Would love to hear from you all ... Hugs and love, Joanne

4 comments:

  1. Oh Joanne, it is beautiful and looks wonderful with a white bed frame!!! It sure looks like it fits. How perfect~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pinwheel quilt looks fabulous! I love it! the quilter did a great job as well. Did I say that I like you pinwheel quilt?!
    Elzaan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish! It's gorgeous, and the longarm quilter has done a great job! I'm thinking of what to do next year, and a pinwheel quilt is already on the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a talent you have. The quilts on here are to die for. I wish I could do that. I love the yellow one- but the brown with blues in strips is my favorite!
    God has blessed you with creativity. That is one blessing that will help see you through. You already know the art of not taking no for an answer, but changing course to make it work.
    My prayer for you today will be for you to make it work.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your message