Quilting, stitching, crocheting

Welcome

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Forever-friend's quilt top

  1. Hello again,  It has taken me a while but I finally got this image uploaded to the blog.  I am trying to use a real camera instead of my phone camera ..... so far, not so good.


This is the quilt my forever-friend (Marcie) and I made while she was visiting here last month.  The fabrics she chose were all jewel toned batiks from Indonesia.  Gorgeous !!!  Working together, we got this queen sized bedspread (110" x 104") done in about 10 days or less.  It is an Eleanor Burns (Quilt In a Day) rendition  of Lover's Knot.



Because Marcie knew she would never get it hand quilted or machine quilted, I finished it for her into a duvet cover using another batik for the back and binding.  That way when she got home she could just slip her current bedding into the duvet cover and immediately have a brand new look for her room.
Presto!! Change-O !!  And there you go !!

I am working on the pillow shams to match now .... but have been a bit side tracked ....

My DD2 that got married in June, has been here for several days with her 2 daughters.  They came to say goodbye as they are moving to the Washington, DC area ....  3000+ miles away.  :-(  Her new hubby is in the Coast Guard and was transferred shortly after their wedding.  She, her 2 DDs and kitties will be driving across country the end of this week.

By the way, the Quilt In a Day shop is about a 1/4 mile from my house.  It has been fun to watch Eleanor's business grow over the years.  Luckily for Marcie, the shop was having a big sale when we went looking for fabric for this ambitious project !!!

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt you two made in such a short time! I love batiks and love the colors in this quilt! Great to make it into a duvet cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my beautiful duvet-cover-quilt! Joanne is so patient and so talented that it made working on this fun. I have helped her make a few quilts for friends over the years and have made a few baby quilts on my own, but this one was a challenge for me. I enjoyed every minute of it (except when she told me I needed MORE SQUARES when I thought I was done). But, I got cracking, and voila! She finished it off beautifully and it is now adorning my bed - it is my pride and joy! Joanne, thank you my Forever Friend,
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is a spectacular quilt! Good job Marcie and Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice quilt - I love the colors.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your message