Quilting, stitching, crocheting

Welcome

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quilts !

We made them, altho the girls did not really wanted to sew ... they decided it was more work than they remembered from before.  That was OK ... we had fun.  I got out my box of fat quarters and they each picked out the fabrics they liked.  Then I cut the squares and the girls arranged the 6 inch squares to their own delight.  Here they are:




 Above is Madison's design of purples, aquas and greens. She laid it out in a graduating pattern.

Below is Emily's quilt top.  It looks like a very haphazard scrappy quilt, but she has a very definite system & pattern to her design.




 I love them both ... the quilts and the girls !!!  I am finally back at it .... quilting.  One of my daughters has asked for a quilt in browns and blues.  I can't wait to start that one .... she has never asked for one of her own, so I feel very honored.  This is all very good !

2 comments:

  1. Oh how perfect...2 beautiful little girls and sewing, it just doesn't get better then that! Gorgeous quilt tops too, thank you for sharing, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne,
    You must be so proud of your granddaughters! I think they did a fabulous job on joining the squares and even picking the fabrics. The first one looks like a partial trip around the world, and the other scrappy one looks like it could fit a bed beautifully. Will you be quilting them for the girls? I hope they look back on this and someday get the quilting 'bug' again. I know lots of love and work went into those quilts! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your message